Let’s get this one off our chest at the outset. We expect the 4th iteration of Mass Effect to release in 2017, probably in the first three months. This fact is gathered upon consideration of a few facts.
- Mass Effect, the original game, was released in November, 2007.
- The second part released in January 2007, although it was expected in the last quarter of 2006.
- Mass Effect 3 released in March 2012, almost three months after its expected release. Now, we know that Mass Effect 4 was to release at the end of 2016.
Keeping in mind the previous releases, we can safely conclude that it will releases in or around March 2017.
- There are some other factors as well. Andromeda is Mass Effect developer EA’s most ambitious project to date, in this series obviously. This means a long-drawn development phase, production phase, distribution and marketing phase and the official launch phase. Pre orders have begun on the EA website.
- There have been rumours that the game development phase is yet to be completed and may delay launch.
Fabrice Condominas, producer of the game, has assured of all possible steps being taken to ensure that such an untoward incident is averted. T he lip-sync and the facial animation is said to be suffering from glitches.
However, based on the trailer we have examined, extended new game combats scenarios, extensive player abilities, the game’s exploratory nature ad out-of-this-world new weapons and designs have taken the edge off the growing chorus of criticism. The Mako Rover for planetary surface exploration and the starship Tempest will lay another surface of detail over the gameplay.
Mass Effect 4 Release Date
Mass Effect release
Mass Effect 2 Release
Mass Effect 3 Release
Mass Effect 4 Release Date
Another factor is the new storyline. Although touted as a standalone sequel, the Andromeda is a successor to the Mass Effect trilogy. Yet, none of the characters make a comeback. No one at all. This new time line will take time to construct, and EA is willing to go the distance. Add this to the overhauled dialogue trees and enhanced character graphs of the Ryders and other characters, and EA has a herculean task on its hands. It will be interesting to see how much time EA will take to complete all these enhancements. A delay will be costly in all senses of the word here.
Mass Effect 4 Andromeda will have serious competition in 2017. This is a role-playing third-person shooting game. Novels connected to the Andromeda timeline, detailing the planetary and galactic systems, are also planned, reports suggest.
- A real-life remote controlled Mako buggy will also be launched; its price is unknown. One reason why EA is investing to create a new Andromeda cult is the fact that 2017 will be a very big year in gaming circles. With releases like Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Vampyr, Battalion 1944 and The Legend of Zelda (which has also been postponed), customers will be spoilt for choices.
We expect a heavy DLC (Downloadable Content), traffic to start as soon as the game releases, in order to earn customer loyalty. Only time will tell how successful Mass Effect:Andromeda will do next year. The wait is about to end soon, anyway.